Girls soccer gets ready for districts

McLean girls soccer has begun preparing for the upcoming district games
Kent Arnold
Senior attacker Malina Rubin focuses in mid game against Westfield. The team put forward a good game, despite a slim 4-2 loss.

Over the past few months, McLean’s girls varsity soccer team has been training and making large strides in their performance. With the end of the regular season, they now have districts beginning Monday, May 13.

“We’ve increased our focus and energy in practices in the last few weeks in order to prepare mentally,” sophomore defender Zoe Adams-Christian said.

As the team is preparing for the district games, they are putting in double the effort, with more intense practices and training.

“We’ve been playing a long season so the girls are tired and we play every day, but we have a few days before our first district game,” head coach Kyra Alexander said. “ We are definitely going to bring the intensity and really bringing our effort.”

Though the team is getting tired after a long season, they are determined to not let fatigue get in their way.

“We’ve been on a winning streak, and unfortunately we lost the other day, but I think that is going to be fuel for us,” Alexander said.

With the year slowly coming to a close, the team is ready to end on a winning note. Even with daily practices, the team is still putting in their all on and off the field, so they can reach their final goal.

“Everyone has put in a lot of work in and out of practice to develop their own skills and that has really allowed us to succeed on the field,” Adams-Christian said. “Everyone has brought increased intensity to practice, and because of that I we’re going to do very well in districts.”