McDECA competes in internationals

DECA club at McLean looks forward to next season
McLeans DECA team took their talent to the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, CA. The competition ran from April 17 to May 1.
Courtesy of Debra Dove
McLean’s DECA team took their talent to the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, CA. The competition ran from April 17 to May 1.

From April 27 to May 1, McLean’s DECA team competed in Anaheim, CA in the International Career Development Conference (ICDC). McLean students were stretched across five different categories, competing against hundreds of people in each. The conference had 23,000 students in attendance.

“DECA organizes a great event that allows attendees to experience top notch entertainment, exhibits with colleges and employers, and interaction with peers from other nations and states,” McLean DECA sponsor Debra Dove said.

Enjoying significant growth this year, the McLean DECA program is looking to expand even more for next year, following the departure of strong graduating talent.

“This year was another growing year. We increased our membership, for which we received recognition at the Platinum Level,” Dove said. “We will miss our senior leaders, but we’re looking forward to having motivated underclassmen step up for next year, so we can take on more projects to get members involved.”