McLean PTSA to hold mock SAT test

Mock SAT to serve as both test preparation and PTSA fundraiser
Allie Deutsch
To begin preparing for the digital SAT test, students can participate in the PTSA’s mock SAT on Apr. 6. All registration fees will help fund the PTSA.

McLean’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), working with a contact from the test preparation organization known as The Princeton Review, is holding a practice SAT for students on Apr. 6. Taking a mock SAT can help students get a sense of question types, time limits and how best to prepare for the official SAT.

“Upon completing the mock SAT, students are offered a comprehensive score report which identifies their strengths and weaknesses on the test,” PTSA vice president of programs Pamela Williams said. “Using this score report, students are able to focus their SAT prep on their areas of improvement. Achieving strong test scores will help students put together application packages for college admissions and scholarships.”

Taking part in the annual event is also a way to support the PTSA, which funds school activities and events, teacher appreciation, field trips and more.

“The mock SAT testing also serves as a fundraiser to support the various activities sponsored by the PTSA throughout the year,” Williams said. “The McLean High School PTSA receives 100% of the proceeds generated from this fundraiser.”

Students can register for the test by Apr. 3 using the link provided below.

“We were extremely excited that over 70 McLean High School students took advantage of the February 2024 mock SAT testing and we look forward to being able to provide this opportunity to more students as they prepare for the upcoming SAT testing dates,” Williams said. “The PTSA appreciates the continuous support of the students and families of McLean.”

https://mclean.memberhub.com/store/items/996655