McDance-a-Thon begins 2025 preparations

What’s next for McLean’s club supporting Children’s National Hospital
McDance-a-Thon+just+held+their+dance+marathon%2C+the+clubs+annual+big+fundraiser.+They+raised+%26%2336%3B53%2C765.07+for+Childrens+National+Hospital.+
Olivia Wood
McDance-a-Thon just held their dance marathon, the club’s annual big fundraiser. They raised $53,765.07 for Children’s National Hospital.

After their successful dance marathon on March 16th, McLean’s McDance-a-Thon club has already begun preparing for next year’s fundraisers, hoping once again to surpass the incredible amount they raised this year, which was over $50,000. They are hoping to accumulate new members to increase donations, and have an even bigger effect on the kids at Children’s National.

“I’m hoping that we can grow the club next year,” club sponsor Bridget Donoghue said. “The turnout this year wasn’t as big as it normally is, but hopefully next year we can recruit more and more people.”

The club will be under new leadership, and is also hoping to increase the amount of sponsors they have, as well reach out to bigger companies to become less local and more area-wide.

“We’ve started reaching out to big companies already, and they can get us more funds and more connections,” senior Anna Ntep said. “We’re trying to go bigger.”

The club is always focused on making the biggest impact on Children’s National Hospital, and the goal is always to raise as much money to support the kids.

“I am happy with all of the money we raised this year,” sophomore Paige Bender said. “But we always want to raise more.”