Python Pals to host hackathon

Programming club’s prepares for event with over $500 in cash prizes
Caleb Han
Python Pals held a bake sale fundraiser to support the upcoming hackathon. Orders can be placed for the bake sale until March 28.

Python Pals will hold their first hackathon on April 6. Hackathons are computer programming events where programmers gather together to collaborate on projects.

“Python Pals is an organization dedicated to bringing computer programming education to all students who have a slight interest and furthering that interest through providing customized lessons and events for students,” junior co-president Ryan Chun said.

Teams will compete by creating the best project made from their own coding. Students without any programming experience are welcome to join the event.

“The Hackathon is definitely accessible to newcomers because it brings opportunities for them to learn coding from their peers,” sophomore curriculum designer Caleb Han said.

For students who discover their passion for computer programming, they can join Python Pals meetings to learn more about coding.

“It will be fun — there are free t-shirts, pizza, and cash prizes,” Han said. “We also have workshops for students to learn from professionals and experts from universities.”