UNICEF Club appreciates school faculty on International Day of Education

McLean’s UNICEF Club makes cards for faculty to display the student body’s gratitude
Maria Saucedo Rozo
Creating an Impact — UNICEF members collect different art supplies to create their cards. Through colored paper, markers, and other crafting materials, students display their appreciation towards McLean’s faculty in creating a comfortable environment in which students can learn.

On Jan. 24, McLean students at McLean’s UNICEF Club gathered after school to display their gratitude towards teachers and administration. Students wanted to display how fortunate they feel for all the effort, advice, extra help, and other activities that McLean faculty constantly provide for students.

“[Jan. 24] is International Day of Education and UNICEF created cards for the teachers and administration of McLean in order to show our appreciation for their hard work and dedication to the students,” sophomore Buse Arici said.

For this activity, all students supported the cause by coming to history teacher Natalie Viets’s classroom after school.

“[The club] had a bunch of pencils, crayons, and different colored papers for everyone to draw and write their own personal messages on,” senior Kylie Nguyen said.

In addition to typical art supplies, UNICEF also provided various stickers and cutouts to allow students to decorate their cards with more colors and special elements, illustrating their admiration towards McLean’s faculty.

“This activity was made to show our gratitude for [the faculty and the work they do that] students usually don’t think about,” Nguyen said. “[The education sphere] is very underappreciated, we don’t thank them enough for what they do for us.”