McDance-a-Thon hosts toy drive to support EVAN Foundation

Donations to be received by cancer patients at Children’s National Hospital
@mhshighlander on Instagram
Last year, McDance-a-Thon raised over $61k for Childrens National Hospital. This year, they hope to surpass that amount, as well as give donations from fundraisers such as toy drives.

McLean’s McDance-a-Thon club is hosting a toy drive to support the EVAN Foundation, an organization whose mission is to support neuroblastoma and pediatric cancer research, and ease the difficult treatment process for young patients. The toy drive contributes to the EVAN Foundation’s Treats & Treasures Cart Program, where they visit patients in oncology rooms at the Children’s National Hospital every Wednesday.

“Patients and families pick from snacks and toys at no cost to them,” club sponsor Bridget Donoghue said. “We’re looking for unopened small gifts and candy (nothing with peanuts).”

The deadline for the last round of donations is on Jan. 20th, and McDance-a-Thon will be accepting small gifts such as legos, play-doh, dolls, action figures and card games, in Cara Mosley’s room (B171) until then. Anyone can donate to the toy drive, and donations will go to cancer patients at Children’s National Hospital.

“Our whole goal is to raise as much money as possible for the Children’s National Hospital, to help the kids,” club member sophomore Katelyn Gray said. “The EVAN foundation has a similar goal, which is why we partnered with them.”