McDance-a-Thon hosting online popcorn fundraiser

Funds to support the Children’s National Hospital
Olivia Wood
Students can browse and buy popcorn options to donate to McDance-aThon. Profits from popcorn sold go directly towards the Children’s National Hospital.

From Dec.12 to Dec.16, the McDance-a-Thon club will be hosting a Double Good online popcorn sale. There are a variety of popcorn and combinations of flavors to choose from, and students can donate by buying popcorn from links to the store provided by club members.

“We hold different events with different food chains to allow our members to participate in ways other than just fundraising,” said junior Talia Russo, one of the club’s executives. “We get the students at McLean involved in something while knowing they’re making a difference.”

Last Friday on Dec.8, McDance-a-Thon held a fundraiser at SweetFrog which brought in an abundance of donations for the club. The proceeds from both fundraisers will go directly to the Children’s National Hospital.

“Our members helped spread the word and we had a big turnout, making it super successful,” club sponsor Bridget Donoghue said.

Last year, McDance-a-Thon raised $61K, and they hope to surpass that this year by encouraging McLean to participate in their many fundraisers.

“This winter we’re doing quite a few fundraisers, all of [which] lead up to our dance in the spring,” Donoghue said. “The Double Good popcorn sale is a big sale to raise money for Children’s National Hospital.”