National Art Honors Society to participate in Holiday Bazaar

NAHS to sell art pieces, painted rock last week
NAHS members gather to paint the rock after school.

With prints and supplies scattered across the tables, and students collaborating to create quality pieces, this month, the National Art Honors Society (NAHS) is preparing for the winter season.

“This month we’re mainly focusing on the winter show and the holiday Bazaar. We’re designing the layout of the gallery and decoration,” officer Angela Yang said. “For the winter show, we’re designing the layout of the gallery, and for the holiday bazaar we’re trying to get students to make some more pieces to sell”.

The holiday bazaar held annually at McLean will take place this Saturday, December 9th from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and will feature booths hosted by clubs and establishments at McLean, as well as local vendors.

On December 4th, members of the NAHS McLean chapter met to discuss plans to organize their booth. Students were busy at work creating holiday season inspired bracelets, and other pieces of jewelry, christmas ornaments, holiday crafts, and submitting prints to put up for sale.

Gathering with spray canisters in hand, students were also tasked with painting the school rock. They collaborated to come up with a group consensus for the festive design, in time for the holiday season. Students expressed their appreciation for the McLean chapter of the NAHS.

“I love the creative aspects and how I’m able to express myself artistically. It’s like a nice escape from the stresses of school,”said junior Aida Berkele, an NAHS member. She was involved in the painting of the rock afterschool.

NAHS members are also preparing for the winter show said to be held next week. Students are submitting their pieces to be hung up in the art gallery.