Downtown McLean is in need of a Chick-Fil-A

A 12-piece box of Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets go great with their seven tasty sauces, all free upon request.

With the recent opening of Sweetgreen and last year’s opening of Chipotle, McLean’s widening selection of food options is making the downtown shopping center finally considered as somewhat decent. However, one chain restaurant still remains in desperate need of being added to McLean’s food portfolio, and that restaurant is Chick-Fil-A.

Chick-Fil-A, a fast-food restaurant specializing in chicken sandwiches, is classified by many to be on the middle to higher end of the fast-food spectrum. Their delicious, juicy chicken is their dominant attraction; however, many would agree that the best items in Chick-Fil-A are actually the seven delicious sauces that they offer. From honey mustard to polynesian, these flavorful condiments elevate Chick-Fil-A’s crispy, tasty chicken. Boasting these honest qualities, Chick-Fil-A is a restaurant unique to any other fast-food chains.

Unfortunately, one of Chick-Fil-A’s less popular characteristics is their days of operation. Closed on Sundays due to their religious affiliation with the Southern Baptist Convention, Chick-Fil-A gives off the impression that family values are important to their business model. However, for hungry mongrels like high school students, this special characteristic of Chick-Fil-A is not too appealing.

Because the closest Chick-Fil-A for McLean students is all the way out in Falls Church, many are deterred from making the trip for some mouth-watering chicken sandwiches. Thus, Chick-Fil-A remains in student’s hearts as the “I’m too good for McDonald’s, but I’ve eaten Chipotle too many times this week” food option.

With the opening of a Chick-Fil-A in the downtown McLean area, this could all change. Students could devour some warm, tender chicken at lunchtime instead of the same old bowl of mexican mush or tree-flavored salads. McLean students deserve to be able to exercise their taste buds with varying food choices. McLean students deserve to have more options.