Christmas came early

Christmas themed chocolate has already sprouted up in grocery stores. These will not be the only Santa Clauses that start sliding into view.
Christmas themed chocolate has already sprouted up in grocery stores.  These will not be the only Santa Clauses that start sliding into view.

Whether it is a Christmas carol on the radio, the big inflatable Santa Clause at a grocery store, or the plethora of Christmas commercials, everybody is in full gear with the Christmas spirit.  While some of the Grinches of society complain about Christmas coming too early, there is nothing wrong with some Holiday fun.

Not only does Christmas have the benefit of spreading extra cheer, but it also has many financial benefits.  Every year 3 billion Christmas cards are sent in the United States, and on a related note, the economy goes up every year around Christmas time due to the millions of presents bought throughout the country.  This gearing up for Christmas also helps people relate with one another better because no matter what religion person is Christmas has evolved into a time of cheer and sincerity towards all.

Christmas has taken this winter season by storm, or blizzard, by using the media as its main ally.  There are Christmas advertisements running rampant throughout television and radio broadcasts and for good reason.  When a company knows millions of shoppers will be buying gifts in the next month, they should hit them with everything they have.

Also, Christmas has been proven to be one of the happiest times of the year, regardless of religion.  It stands to reason because it is a peaceful time, people are around their families, kids are out of school, and everybody is merry.

Now that Christmas has come early the best part about the holidays begin, the battle of the Christmas decorations.  People run throughout the stores finding as many Christmas lights and Rudolphs they can find in order to literally outshine their neighbors and this playful contest works wonders for the economy as well.  There are over 150 million strands of Christmas lights bought every year.

However there can be some annoyances to Christmas starting early.  It is that time of the year when every single TV program that is broadcasted.  Christmas spirit is one thing but the amount of Christmas programing found on TV makes it seem like Santa Clause invaded every broadcasting studio.

Nonetheless, the pros of Christmas far outweigh the cons it produces in society.  A limited genre of TV programming and the occasional Christmas carol playing too often is a small price to pay for an increase in general happiness and an adrenaline shot to the troubled economy.