TheatreMcLean holds March No Shame

The disco-themed event featured musical, skits and more
Philip Rotondo
Seniors Rafik Hanna and Nathan Bass host the March TheatreMcLean No Shame. The event gives theater students a chance to express themselves artistically without judgement.

Tonight, TheatreMcLean held its most recent No Shame, a varsity show event where theater students share jokes, songs and other performances. The March No Shame was styled after a 1970s disco, and was hosted by seniors Rafik Hanna Nathan Bass.

“The idea behind No Shame is that there is no shame in doing your act,” Hanna said. “You go on stage and whatever you do, people are going to support you.”

Acts that appear in No Shames can range from musical performances to abstract artistic exhibits.

“Once, a student took off their shirt and then had another student take dip and spread it all over their body,” Hanna said. “Then they ate chips off of that student’s body and invited people on stage to have some.”

One performer at the March No Shame was senior Noah Chlan, who had an act performing music as well as appearing as a character in a mock peace protest during the show.

“I performed an original song that I just wrote recently, and I thought it went really well,” Chlan said. “I also was involved in a little skit they did that was relevant to the disco theme of the No Shame.”