Girls soccer prepares for season

McLean girls soccer gets ready for a major season
Sophomore+goalie+Aimee+Abraham+practices+her+kicks+on+the+sideline.+
Zoe Adam-Christian
Sophomore goalie Aimee Abraham practices her kicks on the sideline.

McLean girls soccer is preparing for a strong spring season, setting big goals ahead. The team is determined to achieve their goals through their practices and games.

“The goal for this program is to get better on and off the field, and a big thing for us is just staying consistent and to learn and push each other,” head coach Kyra Alexander said.

The team practices Monday through Friday, and at each practice they go through a basic routine, which helps each player individually improve on their talents.

“Typically we will get warmed up, then go into some type of technical skill, whether that’s passing or some sort of scrimmage, and then we will throw in shooting, defensive, or attacking drills,” Alexander said.

Each player uses the practices as a time to improve their skills and work on different positions and plays. Despite the season just beginning, the team is already creating a strong bond, allowing them to play to their maximum potential.

“My goals for the season are to improve my attacking and strength on the ball,” sophomore Zoe Adams-Christian said. “[As a team], we are already getting better at working together and I think we are going to have a really good season.”

Although winning is high on the list of the team’s priority, the team’s main goal is to have a successful and productive season regardless of their record.

“I would love to have a winning season, but we really just want to work as a team and work hard together, so they have a successful season,” Alexander said.