Yik Yak, the new app sensation, creates problems for McLean teens

This is the app that has the McLean students feeling completely unstable with the amounts of cyberbulliny

According to theĀ iTunes App Store, the new app Yik Yak is an “is anonymous, local and social – interact with others around you by posting Yaks, short snippets talking about absolutely anything and see a live feed of Yaks from others in your local area.” Really, it’s just another target to create drama and huge problems from many teens in the McLean area.

The problems with this app is the fact everyone is insulting another and making stupid, mean comments and remarks about people. And the thing is, no one will know who it is because it is completely anonymous.

Also, the fact that people can like and “unlike” things that are said on the app. The ones that get the most likes are the ones that are usually the most hurtful ones and irrelevant.

Yik Yak is another version of ask.fm and everyone is aware of the dilemmas that ask.fm had. I honestly think the app is stupid and pointless and will get you no where.

I think that if students really have the nerve to say these hurtful things on Yik Yak AND be anonymous about it, I think you need to face your problems and understand that teens do commit suicide due to the hurt things from certain things like Yik Yak, Ask.Fm and other social medias. It’s ridiculous and no one seems to really care, because people are still somewhat posting.

So everyone seriously think about the people you are hurting before posting on Yik Yak, and think of the consequences that go along with it.

If I had to rate this app on a scale of 1-5, I give it a 0 because it is honestly really senseless.