Black Friday

Bags of Clothes bought on Black Friday, photo courtesy of tilemosaicgirl.com

Americans across the United States hungrily anticipate Black Friday for weeks, some even making elaborate plans to score the best deals. However, Black Friday has a bad reputation for aggressive shoppers that are desperate for a deal. Shoppers from the DMV area flock to Tysons Corner Center, where they pack into stores to buy discounted presents for their friends and families, or just for themselves.

At Tysons Corner  some of the stores opened at 8 pm, however most of them opened at midnight. Popular stores like American Eagle took 50% off their entire store, making great deals for their customers. “I shopped from 11:40 PM to 4:00 AM,” Junior Sajanee Chinthranjan said, “The traffic was really bad and it took us 20 minutes to park, but it was so much fun.”

Others decided to go later on in the day, to avoid the major traffic and overall insanity. “It wasn’t so bad, i went in the afternoon because my cousin couldn’t wake up early! I shopped at a military base exchange, we all got good deals.”junior Morgan Sadauskas said.

“ I went to an outlet mall in Charlotte, North Carolina, so deals were 50% of the discount they already had. I went at 3:00, and you could definitely notice the empty shelves where everybody grabbed the clothing,” junior Claire Mooney said. “My best deal was a bag from Coach that was originally $430, that i got for $90.”

Black Friday is not a blood bath, but rather a great opportunity to gain a discount on clothes or other items.

Photo of Junior Claire Mooney's discounted Coach bag
Photo of Junior Claire Mooney’s discounted Coach bag