National Gallery of Art exhibits: a must-see

On Nov. 16, 2013, I visited the National Gallery of Art and went to four exhibits. The Yes, No, Maybe: Artists Working at Crown Point Press, Charles Marville: Photographer of Paris, Northern Mannerist Prints from the Kainen Collection, and the Heaven and Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek CollectionsThese exhibits were all very fascinating in their different forms of art and style.

The first gallery  Yes, No, Maybe: Artists Working at Crown Point Pressdisplayed different variations of artworks being changed and in the transformation of working press to finally being published. The Charles Marville: Photographer of Paris was of photos being taken in France just as it was it its first major industrial revolution. The photographer Marville showed the change and city landscape of France in the mid 1800s. The Northern Mannerist Prints from the Kainen Collection is a collection of very muscular and divine beings in their haven. While we merely passed by this exhibit while exiting the Photos of Paris, the art work definitely left images in my head. And finally the last exhibit I went to was the Heaven and Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections. This exhibit displayed various forms of artwork from the Byzantine empire, as well as pottery, jewelry, and murals including religious idols.

As I passed through each exhibit, I learned more and more about art and photography. I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in art and history to go to DC on a weekend and see these exhibits and the other exhibits at the National Gallery of Art. The Yes, No, Maybe: Artists Working at Crown Point Press, Charles Marville: Photographer of Paris, and Northern Mannerist Prints from the Kainen Collectionexhibit is up till Jan 5, 2014. While the Heaven and Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections is up till Mar 2, 2014. So plan ahead and bring along company, you’ll be amazed by the history of these artworks.