Check out these webcomics!

Got internet access and a lot of free time? Check out some webcomics! As the name suggests, webcomics are comics published on a website online.  Almost anyone can create their own webcomic and publish it, and as a result there is a whole plethora of webcomics for the adventurous web surfer. From funny to dramatic, from serious to sarcastic, the types and styles of webcomics are endless. With constant updates and seemingly bottomless archives, webcomics are a great way to kill time. Here’s a brief list of quality recommendations to get you started:

[one_third]
1. A Redtail’s Dream
by Minna Sundberg
A Redtail’s Dream is the gorgeously illustrated online graphic novel by Minna Sundberg, following 24-year-old Hannu Viitanen and his dog Ville on their involuntary journey in an artificially created dream existence on the other side of “the Bird’s Path”. In a story steeped in Finnish lore, Hannu and Ville must retrieve all their fellow villagers from the other side before they are all sent into the afterlife. (Updates daily.) Highlights: Absolutely gorgeous ink drawings; lovable characters; enrapturing dialogue. Basically a high-quality graphic novel published online.
4. Questionable Content
by Jeph Jacques
Questionable Content follows the lives of Marten Reed (indie rock aficionado), Faye Whitaker (his roommate), and Dora Bianchi (his roommate’s boss) and their interactions with a whole cast of supporting characters. The 2000+ strip comic combines an amalgam of romantic melodrama, sitcom humor, and indie rock reference to create a captivating webcomic. (Updates daily.) Highlights: A little bit of everything for everyone-humor, romance, biting sarcasm, killer robots, indie rock. What more could a reader ask for?

[/one_third] [one_third]

2. Romantically Apocalyptic
by Vitaly S. Alexius
Romantically Apocalyptic loosely follows the adventures and antics of Zee Captain and his friends through a post-apocalyptic world. Described by its author as “a high-detail graphic novel that combines delicious servings of: end of the world / life in a dark post-apocalyptic dystopia, and twisted humor”, readers are sure to be kept amused and entertained. (Updates weekly.)
Highlights: Spectacular art with great attention to post-apocalyptic detail and actual story parts written under each comic. The unique brand of humor is sure to make the reader chuckle.
5. Anything About Nothing
by Kelly Angel
A completely random comic about anything and everything (as the title suggests). Ridiculous drawings combine with brilliant captions to leave readers in stitches. Highlights: covers a wide range of random but timely topics; certain comics are absolutely hilarious.
[/one_third] [one_third_last]
3. Mokepon
by H0lyhandgrenade
The Pokemon-inspired webcomic Mokepon follows 14-year-old slacker Atticus Brent on his quest to become a Pokemon master. Unlike the typical Pokemon hero, Atticus honestly could care less for Pokemon. He ends up having a grand adventure nonetheless, making friends and enemies along the way. (Updates weekly.) Highlights: Great storyline; great art; great characters. A highly entertaining read for anyone.
6. Homestuck
by Andrew Hussie
Homestuck, the latest of several MS Paint Adventures by Andrew Hussie, is an online publication that uses not only images and captions but flash animations, games, and sound. It follows 13-year-old protagonist John Egbert and company in their quest to save humanity through their performance in the game “Sburb”. Highlights: Endless length (more than 5000 pages and still updating; nicknamed the “Ulysses” of the Internet); interspersed dense yet entertaining reading peppered with pop-culture and internet references; hardcore cult-like fan base in the millions.
[/one_third_last]

EVEN MORE RECOMMENDATIONS:
chaoslife.findchaos.com/
www.extrafabulouscomics.com/
www.smbc-comics.com/
invisiblebread.com/
www.explosm.net/comics/2993/
leasticoulddo.com/
buttersafe.com/
drmcninja.com/

Have a good rec yourself? Share in the comments!