New Newsuem Exhibit Worth the trip

This photo is one of the most famous images of the first family. Creating Camelot offers many other pictures that represented the Kennedy family.

The “Creating Camelot” exhibit opened recently at the Newseum in Washington D.C. This new edition to the Newseum collection of News related Exhibits featured the photographs of the John F. Kennedy’s family during his run for election and his years in office.

Jacques Lowe, the Kennedy’s photographer, got behind the scenes images of the president, the first lady, and their children. Lowe met the Kennedys in 1958 and was hired as the family’s personal photographer.

The photos released by Jacques Lowe of the Kennedy family shaped the public opinion about them because it was the only insight for the public into their private life outside of the public eye.

The exhibit was poorly laid out to start with; the strange orientation of the walls made it a hassle to move around and enjoy looking at the pictures.

A small television, mounted on a protruding wall, was the centerpiece to the museum goers.  The short film featured a documentary of Jacques Lowe’s relationship with the Kennedys and a background for each photo-op that was in the exhibit.  Of course the strange layout of the exhibit created a huge backup right at the front entrance, prohibiting many from entering and many others from leaving, as there was only one way in and one way out.

Despite the layout, the rest of the design was exquisite; a crisp red and white backdrop provided great contrast for the inviting

This photo is one of the most famous images of the first family. Creating Camelot puts on display many other photos that represented the Kennedy family.

photographs. The photographs and the information displayed under them, explaining the context of the scene where interesting to read and look at. The gallery gave a great insight historically into the photographs that became the centerpiece of the public opinion of the Kennedy family.

The trip to D.C and the Newseum is worth it, if only for the Creating Camelot exhibit. However, it is advisable to go when there aren’t large crowds to avoid the bumper car game involved with viewing the gallery.