Surviving Black Friday

Eager shoppers will be crowding outside of stores early on Friday morning. How are you planning to compete for your grab of the goods?

7 tips on how to survive Black Friday

1. Get there early– The traffic going to any mall or shopping center like Tysons is always horrendous. Aim to arrive about an hour before opening time to make sure you don’t end up getting stuck in a long line of cars, which will only waste precious shopping time.

2. Do your homework– Many websites have information about Black Friday sales. Knowing what sales and offers your stores have will make your shopping experience quicker and easier.

3. Have a game plan- Make a list of which stores you want to visit and which items you want to buy. You don’t want to be aimlessly wandering around for 30 minutes while other people are taking advantage of the best deals.

4. Dress comfortably- You will be hot, sweaty, and pushed around by hundreds of people. Don’t wear anything that could potentially get in your way while you’re moving around. Dress in layers because the temperature is often unpredictable. Also, remember to wear comfortable shoes!

5. Bring some food- All that activity will make anyone hungry. Have some water and food, like an energy bar, on hand to keep your energy up.

Soon, Black Friday shoppers across the country will swarm the malls.

6. Have a budget

It’s easy to get carried away during Black Friday since everything seems so much cheaper. Establishing a budget in advance will keep that from happening and help you decide which items you really want to buy.

7. Take advantage of Cyber Monday- If you’re the kind of person who hates crowded spaces or likes to take it easy after Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday is perfect for you. Cyber Monday gives you access to Black Friday type deals without ever leaving your house.

(Photos courtesy of social.dol.gov, in.gov, and roundrocktexas.gov)