Homecoming week goes Disney

The theme of this years homecoming dance dance is Fantasyland. Disney was the inspiration for many of the weeks spirit days.

This year the leadership department has decided that Disney will be the theme of the at school dance. The Dance, happening on Saturday, October 26th this year, will be preceded by a festive week of Disney and classic American themed spirit days.

The leadership team is allowed to have spirit weeks every year in order support a fun environment for students and to give them a break from the monotonous days of 90 minute classes. Leaders work hard to make sure that the spirit day ideas are fun and that most students can participate.

“We always try to make the themes different and interesting but its really hard for us all to agree. In the end we just want to make sure its fun for everyone who wants to do it,” leadership student Andrew Oliva said.

One of the biggest problems with spirit days that leadership students face is that the intersting themes are very difficult for the general population to take part in easily.

“When we decide, that is definitely our biggest obstacle, finding something that a student can take part in by just going in their closet,” leadership student Erika Stadsklev said.

For the week before homecoming this year the spirit days are, Main Street Monday, Tomorrowland Tuesday, Frontierland Wednesday, Adventureland Thursday, Big Red Friday. This year leadership came up with some very different themes that most students can take part in. Monday is a day dedicated to America and showing love for the U.S.A. by wearing red white and blue. Tuesday is all about looking to the future and showing what each student thinks it will look like. On Wednesday students can show their spirit by dressing like they are from the wild west. Thursday the school will be able to dress like safari goers. Friday, to show support for McLean, Big Red Day will deck the halls again.

The main gym will be adorned in a Fantasyland theme, inspiring all who attend to be immersed in the Disneyesque setting and live out their childhood fantasies of being a princess or prince.