Mechanical Bull is a shaky ride

Mechanical+Bull+is+a+shaky+ride+

Mechanical Bull- Kings of Leon

On September 20th, Kings of Leon released their sixth studio album on iTunes, Mechanical Bull, a record that is full of hits and misses, and takes the listener on a ride as shaky as riding a mechanical bull. None of the album’s thirteen tracks lived up to the band’s previous hits, such as “Use Somebody,” but many of the songs have potential, something that frustrates greatly.

“Supersoaker,” the first song on the album, is boring and reminiscent of other songs that the band has done before. It is forgettable and bland, and starts the album off on the wrong note. Likewise, “Last Mile Home” has no interesting elements to it, and is not pleasing to listen to at all. Many of the other songs are much the same, such as “On the Chin” and “Don’t Matter.”

However, some of the songs do manage to hit the right note. “Wait For Me” is the best song on the album, a soothing track that manages to convey great emotion while still keeping the great rocker edge of Kings of Leon. It is catchy without being annoying, and stands out on an album where a lot of the tracks seem to blend together.

[embedplusvideo height=”300″ width=”450″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/14Pz21p” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/MC8QcaMMVQE?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=MC8QcaMMVQE&width=450&height=300&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=&notes=” id=”ep6867″ /]

“Comeback Story” is another hit. With elements of folk, and a unique track behind it, it is a pleasure to listen to, and keeps the listener engaged. The song “Tonight” is a great track for the fact that it beautifully showcases lead singer Caleb Followill’s amazing vocals.

Overall, Mechanical Bull was an album that could have been a success, but failed to live up to expectations. Some songs were amazing, but in the end, most of the songs were rather boring.