10 Questions with Mrs. Tran

10+Questions+with+Mrs.+Tran+

1) If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?

“If I was an animal I would be a Koala, I have always Koalas since I was little, and I would be a Koala since they are soft and fuzzy, but have sharp claws”

2) If you could spend an afternoon with anyone from history, who would it be?

“Thomas Jefferson, because I think he is such a fascinating person in history. I would love to ask him about his hypocrisy regarding his beliefs, what he wrote, his behavior and the realities of his life regarding slavery.”

3) What was your most embarrassing moment in high school?

“The way I dressed? Some of it you can’t say…. I look at pictures of the way I dressed and I am really embarrassed now. There are pictures of me wearing top-sider boat shoes with white socks and skirts. All of high school was embarrassing since you feel like you are trying to figure yourself out, trying to be liked and fit in. I can remember my best friend standing outside of a restaurant, while in high school, and her pulling my shorts down. I also used to blush all the time. Anything that was embarrassing would make me blush bright red.”

4) Would you rather travel back in time or forward and time?

“I would probably rather travel back in time, because that’s something I know better than what’s ahead and often the future looks scary. I suppose I would like to travel back in time to the 1920s as a wealthy person in New York City, or maybe even the turn of the century. I always thought, too, that I would enjoy living in the 1960s. Even though I know the 1960s is full of turmoil, it seems like a more exciting era and an era where people were fighting for things with purpose, and very pertinent and important things like the womens rights movement, civil rights movement and the anti-war movement.”

5) What are you planning on being for Halloween?

“A Pokemon character.”

6) What is your all time favorite song?

“Favorite artists include: Madonna, Crosby Stills and Nash, U2 (because of Bono) and Katy Perry. I love music from the 1980’s, but I like new music too. I normally only listen to songs I like for a couple weeks and at the moment favorites include, ‘Same Love,’ by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, ‘What Makes You Beautiful,’ by One Direction as well as ‘Blurred Lines,’ by Robin Thicke.”

7) If you could have any superpower what would it be?

“The power to fly, because I’d like to easily traverse areas in a quick time and visit places quickly and easily.”

8) What’s the most important thing to teach your students?

“Empathy. I believe that one of the real lessons from history is that we can learn to empathize with other peoples and empathize with the struggles that other peoples have had and endured, the conditions which they’ve lived in as well as their accomplishments. I think all of this, makes for things that are nice to know, but also help [make someone] a better person and more grateful for what we have today.”

9) What are your favorite hobbies?

“My hobbies are that I like to run, spend time with my friends, garden and cook, even though cooking is a necessity. I like to cook soups and to bake, I come from a family of bakers but I try not to bake too much because then you have all the baked goods just sitting around.”

10) Does your son share your love of history too?

“I have only started to introduce what history is to Emet , he really doesn’t have a concept of it yet, being that he is only five. I took him to Claude Moore Farm a couple weeks ago, but he was more interested in the animals than the history. Though, I thought it was a good way to introduce him to how people once lived. Hopefully it helped him appreciate Pokemon more.”