April 5 Bulletin

April 5 Bulletin
[list style=’arrow’] [list_item] McLeadership applications are due this Thursday, April 4. Remember to complete the online portion and turn in Part 2 to the main office. If you were a Big Mac last year, you still need to reapply to be considered. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Lane in the main office. [/list_item] [list_item]   The blood drive will be held next Wednesday, April 10, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Only those with parental consent or those older than 16 are allowed to donate. If you are interested in donating, please see Miss Mosley in room B171 to sign up. [/list_item] [list_item] McLean High School’s IT’S ACADEMIC playoff match will air this Saturday, April 6, at 10:30 a.m. on NBC4. [/list_item] [list_item] PROJECT ENLIGHTENMENT CLUB MEMBERS: If you missed the meeting on Wednesday morning (as most of you did) please see Mr Howarth on Thurs or Fri. He will go over your assignments during the upcoming performances on April 14, 20, and 21. Important information for the remainder of the year must be discussed. It is mandatory that ALL members touch base face-to-face this week. If you do not check in this week, you will not be eligible for any further events this year and will be asked to resign your membership. [/list_item] [list_item]   On April 11, the College Partnership Program will be going on a field trip to NOVA’s Annandale campus. The trip is open to all McLean High School students even if they are not a member of CPP. The purpose of the trip is to give high school students a chance to learn about financial aid, admission requirements and majors. There will also be an open question and answer session given by current NOVA students. The trip is free. Please pick up a permission slip from Ms. Divine and return it to her by April 9. There are a limited number of seats on the bus, so it is important that you return your permission slip ASAP. [/list_item] [list_item] The McLean High School Theatre Company will be performing RENT: School Edition on April 4, 5 and 6 at 7 p.m. with a special matinee performance on Saturday, April 6, at 2:30 p.m. Student tickets cost $12. Go here to get tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/346908 [/list_item] [list_item]   The 26 Acts of Kindness campaign started on April 1. Be kind and start filling in your shirts! The Highlander newsmagazine would like to hear about the nice things that you have been doing. Send your stories in to [email protected] [/list_item] [list_item] The silver computer lab is now open every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday until 5:30 p.m. Feel free to come and get your work done! [/list_item] [list_item]  Lunch and Learning is now open during A, C, and D lunch in the college and career center. Anyone who needs help with their classes is welcome to come. [/list_item] [list_item] The boys lacrosse team is playing tonight at 6 p.m. against Langley! [/list_item] [/list]