Getting over Valentine’s Day

Getting over Valentines Day

3097874220_eedf9f262c_mcandy-haul

Valentine’s day can be a stressful and depressing holiday for single people. While I can’t personally say that it is my favorite day, even I have to admit the copious amount of chocolate that goes on sale afterwards makes the trauma of no one loving me worth enduring. Truffles in heart shaped boxes can be purchased for yourself and you can unwrap it as if someone actually loved you enough to purchase it. Consumption of candy hearts can lead to your own heart mending and your soul repairing. The Hershey’s kisses make up for the fact that nobody actually wants to kiss you.

In theory, this may seem like a great idea but sometimes the candy just isn’t enough and serves as a reminder of how nobody actually likes you. In cases like this, lots of Nicolas Sparks novels and movies are recommended for self pity. If that is just too harsh, a funny comedy like the Hangover works to lighten the mood. Just be warned that romantic comedies like Friends with Benefits, may serve as a reminder that Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis are two perfect specimens that will always find love and you are sitting here consuming discount candy in sweatpants on a Friday night.

Dispite what high school students seem to believe, Valentine’s day is just a day like any other. It really doesn’t matter whether or not you have someone to buy you a teddy bear that says, “I love you beary much.” Just learn to get over it and be your own valentine.