Feb. 8 Bulletin

Feb. 8 Bulletin
[list style=’arrow’] [list_item] The McLean v. Langley game is tonight: girls at 5:45 p.m. and boys at 7:30 p.m. at Langley. [/list_item] [list_item] This week is National School Counseling Week. At McLean, our counselors work hard each day to support students in many ways. Please stop by Student Services and let your counselor know that he or she is appreciated! [/list_item] [list_item] Juniors and seniors interested in being a part of the History Honors Society: applications will be in Mrs. Tran’s room starting Monday and are due by Wednesday, Feb. 27. You must have a 3.75 GPA, weighted in history classes only. [/list_item] [list_item] There will be a cheerleading interest meeting on Thursday, Feb. 14, at 2:20 p.m. in room B153 [/list_item] [list_item] Tuesday, Feb. 12, the class of 2015 has another night at Ledo Pizza on Leesburg Pike. Come on out from 5 p.m. to close, and 20 percent of the dine-in or carryout profits will be donated to the class of 2015. [/list_item] [list_item] McLean Theatre is putting on a production of the musical Rent. Auditions will be held on Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 11 and 12, from 5 to 7 p.m. You will need a one-minute dramatic monologue and 16 bars from one of the songs from Rent prepared. Please sign up for an audition slot outside of the black box theatre. Fill out your online audition form ahead of time at mcleandrama.com. Please see Miss Poe with any questions. [/list_item] [list_item] Attention, anyone interested in performing in this year’s talent show on March 15! Talent auditions will be held on Feb. 19 and 20. Sign up now to audition in front of room B170 (Mr. Plunkett’s room). [/list_item] [list_item] Don’t forget to bring your old soccer cleats and hardly-worn shoes to Y228 this week! [/list_item] [list_item] Help an Eagle Scout complete his project of collecting books for underprivileged and at risk children in New Jersey who were hit hard by Superstorm Sandy. He is collecting new and gently used books for pre-school to high school age children. The non-profit organization he is helping is called Bridge of Books (http://www.bridgeofbooksfoundation.org). You can drop off books in the bins in the main office and the library—today is the last day. If you have questions, please contact Antonio Vazquez at [email protected]. [/list_item] [/list]