Luke Bryan is Checkin’ Out of the top charts with this new album

Luke Bryan - Spring Breakdown

On March 10 Luke Bryan released his new and final spring break album, “Spring Break…Checkin’ Out.” The album contains 5 new, original songs: My Ol’ Bronco, Games, Spring Breakdown, Checkin’ Out, and You And The Beach. The album also includes 6 songs from last year’s EP, “Spring Break 6…Like We Ain’t Ever.”

With his past spring break albums being big hits, selling more then 1.2 million copies, and reaching the top charts on iTunes, fans had high expectations for this album.

As a Luke Bryan fan myself, I had a lot more hope for this album. The songs are meant to reflect the feeling of being in the moment, and they will leave your playlist just that quickly. This album lacks originality, and has the same beats and sounds as past songs. The endless lyrics about drinking, overspending, and spring flings are not anything special.
Don’t buy this album if you are looking for something new, instead by one of his past albums which have more of a spark to them.

Although there is one good song on this album which is the soulful, funky “Checkin’ Out.”

“Checkin’ in to a good time. Checkin’ Out all the so fine,” Bryan sings. “Goodbye to the real world… That’s what this week’s all about. Checkin’ in, checkin’ Out”

With this being his final spring break album fans have hope that now his more traditional heartfelt will make a comeback and return in future albums.