“Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” captivatingly ends the trilogy

%E2%80%9CNight+at+the+Museum%3A+Secret+of+the+Tomb+captivatingly+ends+the+trilogy++

By Julia Al-Akkad

Managing Editor

“Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” marks the end of the family-friendly trilogy with an overall entertaining story line for all.

Teddy Roosevelt, Octavius, along with the rest of the traditional characters of the trilogy accompany Larry, played by Ben Stiller, as he travels to the British Museum in London to discover a solution for the malfunctioning magical Egyptian tablet.

The beginning of the film is underachieving, as the comedic scenes were disappointing compared to the pervious films. However, as the film carries on, it proves to be relatively entertaining.

Several new characters are introduced including Sir Lancelot (Dan Stevens), Tally, the British night watch guard, (Rebel Wilson), who succeeded in bringing some humor to the story, as well as Laa (Ben Stiller), a caveman convinced that Larry is his father.

The “farewell” theme that seems to be present in the film makes it the most heartfelt of the trilogy. It builds on the relationship with Larry and his son, who is preparing for his future plans, as he nears the end of high school. The bittersweet ending, including the last performance of Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt, acts as the final farewell to the film.