Bagel Bliss

McLean Chesapeake Bagel Bakery offers savory and classic selections
Courtesy of Amelia Lupisher
Chesapeake Bagel Bakery in McLean offers a variety of bagel flavors and creations.

Chesapeake Bagel Bakery in McLean is arguably the most popular spot for McLean students to eat. Students can enjoy the variety of flavors in bagels and spreads, the selection of available pastries and the welcoming ambiance of the restaurant, where one is bound to run into a familiar face every time they dine in.

Chesapeake offers many different menu options, some sweet and some savory. The Highlander sampled and reviewed three of the different options, a bagel sandwich, a pastry, and a classic bagel with cream cheese.

The Avocado Eggwich – 4.5/5 This bagel features an array of flavors and is guaranteed to make you feel satiated. The bagel sandwich gives the customer a choice of sausage or bacon, and includes cheese, egg, avocado, tomatoes and purple onions. We tried this on an everything bagel and it did not disappoint. The bagel itself was somewhat messy but the myriad different ingredients meshed well together to create a filling and delicious meal.

The Pumpkin Roll – 4/5 One of Chesapeake’s most popular pastries is the Pumpkin Roll, a delicious and soft pastry swirled with cream cheese frosting to create a sweet and tasty experience. Although the pastry was not very filling and cannot constitute a meal, it still provides a nice addition to the experience and pairs well with another menu item or a drink.

Everything bagel with plain cream cheese – 3/5 The bagel was warm and toasted, and it did account for every part of an everything bagel by being topped with garlic flakes, onion flakes, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and salt. However, the cream cheese was nothing special. Unfortunately, the overall experience was something that could be easily replicated at home.

Chesapeake Bagel is a proud McLean staple and their many selections will guarantee good options for everyone. Whether you are looking for a place to eat breakfast with family or grab a bite with friends, the restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a fun chance to put a quarter in a gumball machine to see if you will win a green gumball, which gets you six free bagels of any choice. The charming atmosphere and delicious food is what makes Chesapeake Bagel such an integral part of the McLean community.

Have you tried Chesapeake Bagel Bakery in McLean?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...