A Scoop for the Season

Cold Stone Creamery debuts new fall flavors
Cold Stone Creamery advertises their fall ice cream flavors to customers.

As the leaves change color and the temperature drops, there’s nothing quite like indulging in the warm and comforting flavors of fall. Located on Strawberry Lane in the Mosaic District, Cold Stone Creamery, known for its creative and decadent ice cream creations, has once again captured the essence of autumn with its newly released lineup of fall-inspired flavors. Cold Stone ice cream is made fresh in-store everyday, and true to its name, each flavor is then hand-mixed with your choice of toppings on a frozen stone.
Stuck on Caramel Apples (9/10): Caramel apples are the quintessential carnival classic and fall festival treat. Stuck on Caramel Apples blends the crisp, tart essence of the apple with sweet, gooey caramel to produce the mouthwatering confection. The rich caramel apple ice cream contains notes of apple pie filling, vanilla, pecans, and caramel. This flavor would receive a perfect rating if the caramel didn’t overshadow the apple. We recommend this flavor to those with a sweet tooth.
Frosted Pumpkin Bread (7/10): For Thanksgiving lovers and pumpkin spice fanatics, we recommend Frosted Pumpkin Bread. It’s a taste of Thanksgiving in a scoop. Frosted Pumpkin Bread combines the earthy spices of pumpkin with sweet, creamy frosting in a perfect union of flavors and textures. Pumpkin bread batter ice cream mingles with hints of graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese, frosting, caramel and pumpkin pie spice to recreate the popular Thanksgiving comfort food. Unfortunately, this flavor lacked the distinct bite of the pumpkin spice, as it was overpowered by the saccharine sweetness of the frosting.
The Highlander recommends having both of these flavors with a Cold Stone classic: Coffee Lovers Only.

Coffee Lovers Only (8/10): True to its name, this flavor pleases coffee hounds nationwide. This ice cream transforms all who taste it into a coffee-human hybrid, with its admirable blend of roasted almonds, heath bar and caramel. However, although this flavor can start out as comforting, it begins to taste bland the longer one continues to eat it. Because it aligns more with the palates of adults, we recommend children steer clear from this flavor–perhaps try cotton candy and load it with M&Ms–and let the adults have this flavor.

Overall (8.5/10): Although dimly lit with minimal seating options, Cold Stone Creamery is an ideal hang-out spot for ice cream enthusiasts. Accompanied by friendly staff and minimal wait time for all hours of the day, Cold Stone provides fresh, delicious and affordable ice cream to those craving it. We strongly encourage anyone interested to explore the flavors and toppings they offer for themselves, as you might just find your new go-to ice cream place.

What is your favorite fall Cold Stone flavor?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.