Third counselor in three years for McLean students

New counselor Elisa Talmage becomes the third counselor in three years for the top of the alphabet.

Ben Brooks, Sports Ediotr

Some McLean students are dealing with their third counselor in just three years, after the departure of their previous two in back to back years. McLean’s newest counselor, Elisa Talmage, isn’t particularly worried about having to see and learn hundreds of new faces this year, including handfuls of juniors and seniors. 

“Parents and students do such a good job of explaining what they’ve been involved in… honestly it hasn’t been that bad,” said Talmage.

As well as for the counselor, it is difficult for the students that have had to have three counselors in three years, as it can be difficult for many students that don’t get the opportunity to meet with their counselor much.

“For juniors and seniors, in general, it does just stink for them… to have three people in a row,” said Talmage.

“This is the first high school I’ve worked in,” said Talmage, who has previously helped out as a counselor and Michigan, but plans to stay at McLean for a while. Talmage’s enthusiasm towards working with the junior and senior class as they prepare for college is very apparent. 

“I’m hoping that [the juniors and I] can build more of a relationship this year, so that next year they feel more comfortable with college,” said Talmage.