Winter dance produces positive reviews

Students confirm the winter dance was an enjoyable experience

Emma Higbee

Leadership students Ted Miller, Maddy Anderson, and Jessie Seppi gather inspiration from Stranger Things for the winter dance theme.

McLean High School held its fourth winter dance last Saturday. Following the unsuccessful winter formals the previous years, Leadership had eliminated the idea of a Sadie Hawkins-style dance, though female students were still encouraged to ask male students to the event. They also attempted to make the experience less formal, and therefore less stressful.

The dance did not turn out to be a huge success, with a turnout much less than that of the Homecoming dance. However, those who attended the dance confirmed that the experience was enjoyable.

“It was a nice event. The music was great, and everyone was happy and dancing,” senior Luis Quiroga said.

It was evident that Leadership had put effort into making the dance a pleasant and memorable experience. The ambiance resembling the Netflix series Stranger Things was especially pleasantly familiar and appealing to most students. Many complimented the lively atmosphere created by the decorations.

“I was only [at the dance] for a short time, but while I was there, I really admired the decorations. The lights were especially pretty,” senior Brooke Barlow said.