Say cheese

McLean students reflect on the 2019-20 school picture day.

Grace

Sophomore Mehr Kumar’s student ID. She was one of many students who was left feeling unsatisfied by picture day 2019.

Grace Gould, Reporter

For some it’s one of the most dreaded days of the school year. Other’s see it as an opportunity to look their best at school. No matter how you view it, picture day still returns year after year to define a student’s yearbook photo.

“I always feel like there’s a lot of pressure on us to have perfect yearbook photos,” sophomore Mehr Kumar said.

On Sept. 23 and 24, 2019, McLean students prepared for the important day.  Decked out in Hawaiian shirts for spirit week, freshmen, sophomores and juniors alike all prepared to look their best for their pictures.

“I like to practice my smile and flip my hair a couple times before my picture,” sophomore Eva Grau said.

She like many, enjoy picture day, seeing it as a way to see how they’ve grown up from years before.  

“I actually liked my picture a lot more this year than I did last year which was surprising. Picture day this year was quick and easy which was nice,” Grau said.

Other students view picture day as an obstacle in the way of a good school year.

“The photographers always make us tilt our heads which makes everyone look bad, and the lighting makes everyone look orange,” Kumar said.

For now though, students like Kumar can relax knowing that picture day is over for the 2019-20 school year.

“To me, picture day is just another stressful day I have to get through in the school year,” Kumar said.

Did you like your picture this year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...