Student Creates Brand New Art Show

An Art Show, started this year by an art student, focuses on seasonal pieces

Jake Lynes, Reporter

A student in one of her art classes, Nadia, went up to Swapna Elias, the sponsor of the Art Show, and proposed her ideas of the Art Show to Elias. She was thrilled and helped Nadia with the start and building of the Show. This school year, the focus was on an autumn and fall theme.

“She proposed this idea and we thought it would be a great thing for her to organize,” Art Show sponsor  Elias said.

With that, Elias is helping facilitate Nadia in the right direction into making this art show that many people are involved with. She is trying to get art pieces that change with every season.

“This Art show is open to the entire school so not just the Visual Arts Department,” Elias said.

Any student in the school can join, it is available to anyone. To add pieces in the show, there is a google online form. Elias would like many people to join and she would like to have quite a variety of art pieces to choose from for the gallery. Students can contact Elias to start pieces to get involved with the show.

“We are have people trying to organize a faculty show with winter pieces,” Elias said.

Members and sponsors of the Art show are doing their best to reach their goal in trying to create pieces for the seasons of the year. They are trying get pieces in spring, winter, autumn and fall.