A jolly Holiday Bazaar

The yearly holiday bazaar brings brings together friends, families, and students in holiday spirit

HOLIDAY HOME RUN —Girls varsity softball has spirit even in the off season. Along with selling beautiful gifts, they decorated their booths in celebration of the Christmas spirit.

Cc Palumbo, Online Arts and Entertainment Editor

Every year, McLean hosts a day in which allows the community to come together and celebrate the holidays of many cultures. Vendors, including Mclean clubs, come together in the spirit of the season to sell jewelry, food, and many other goods. 

The Holiday Bazaar, put on by the Athletic boosters, took place on Saturday December 7th. Families and students came together as a community to listen to the live student orchestra and also shop around. 

“I think it brings everyone together and we get to meet new people,” Vaneeza Pasha sophomore representing Science National Honors Society said. 

Just as Pasha had mentioned the holidays are a great opportunity to be able to create a sense of unity and togetherness in McLean as a whole. Along with that, the wide variety of items sold by the vendors introduce people to a range of cultures. 

“I am selling asian snacks today and by doing that it is spreading culture to those who visit my booth,” junior Emily Chen said.

Not only is there a spread of culture, but it also opens the door for many different clubs to gain recognition.

“It makes people aware of all the different clubs and stuff that goes on in our school,” orchestra teacher Scarlett Smith said. 

Along with Chen, the Science National Honors Society was also had the idea to sell mouth-watering snacks.

“We are selling pre-made chocolate chip cookies, hot cocoa, and chocolate Hershey trees,” Pasha said. “I would say these absolutely make perfect gifts.”

Along with food, many other holiday gifts can be found at the Holiday Bazaar, it’s the perfect one stop shopping. Furthermore, It supports many small businesses and creates useful funding for clubs. 

“I as a teacher like to come by and support the students that are selling different things for their clubs,” Smith said. “Also, there’s a little bit of everything for everyone.”

Whats the best holiday snack?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...