Spirit week drums up excitement

Students express creativity with the theme filled week

ALOHA — Students dress up in spirit of Hawaii Day. When asked what their favorite day was they all responded with Hawaiian day.

Cc Palumbo, Arts and Entertainment Editor

What was your favoirte spirit week day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
    It’s the week of homecoming which means five days filled with school spirit and excitement. Each day students and staff dress up in accordance to the certain theme assigned for that day.

“Overall, I think homecoming week would be too boring and ordinary without the fun of dressing up and being spirited,” sophomore Ava Nyguen said. 

The themes are as follows: Monday – Hawaiian out, Tuesday – pajama day, Wednesday – jersey day, Thursday – tie-dye day, and Friday – class colors. 

“My favorite day of spirit week it pajama day because I get to wear all of my comfy clothes and be comfortable during the school day,” sophomore Lola Ortiz said. 

Spirit week allows for student expression by creating a fun environment for everyone to dress up and unify in school spirit. Also, it gets students excited for the Friday night homecoming football game against Wakefield and the dance following it on Saturday.

“My favorite day is Hawaiian day and my favorite part is getting to dress up with my friends and it is a good experience to sort of have fun and relax through the week,” sophomore Cambell Al-Khafaji said.

It is not just dressing up that creates team spirit. Each lunch period students will have the chance to compete in lunchtime games. The atmosphere during this time curates a eager learning environments and enthusiasm for school spirit. 

“Spirit week gets me excited for the game and the dance because it fill the hallways with school spirit and gives the school a sense of community with each other,” Ortiz said