Apple has released its newest iPhones

The new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro have been officially released and are available for purchase

The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro will include the new dual and triple camera. The iPhone 11 was released on Sept. 10 followed by the iPhone 11 Pro on Sept. 20. (Photo obtained via Creative Commons).

Laine Phillips, Reporter

For the past few weeks, the newest addition to the Apple Company’s string of products, the iPhone 11,  has been a constant topic of conversation among students and teachers all over McLean, and now the much-anticipated release date has come. 

Less than a year after the release of the iPhone XR, Apple released the first of the new phones, the iPhone 11. It was released on Tuesday, Sept. 10 and was soon followed by the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max on Sept. 20.

This new set of iPhones includes some of the biggest advancements in technology Apple has produced since the removal of the home button and addition of portrait mode and face ID over a year ago on the iPhone X.

The biggest addition to the new phone is its camera. The dual camera on the iPhone 11 and the triple camera on the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have brought a lot of controversies over the look of it.

“[The camera] kind of looks like mitosis. Like, it looks like cells dividing,” sophomore Kylee Majikowski said.

The extra cameras are meant to create an extra-wide view on the camera. These include the new ultra-wide camera on the iPhone 11 and the telephoto camera on the iPhone 11 Pro. These are meant to help take pictures that can capture the whole scene wherever you are.

According to Apple, these new cameras will capture over four times as much of the scene than the cameras on the iPhone X and previous iPhones have had. 

“It’s kind of ugly, but I’m sure it will take super good photos so it’s worth it.,” sophomore Rachael Fisher said.

The extra cameras aren’t the only addition to the camera that Apple has made. They also included automatic night mode in all of their new phones. 

This feature will turn on automatically and capture photos in dimly lit areas a lot better without flash by using intelligent software and A13 Bionic.

“There’s no need for flash, colors are more natural, and photos are brighter,” Apple says on their official website about the new iPhone 11. 

Apple has also improved many of its already existing features including portrait mode, water resistance, battery life, and many more, and users are very excited about it. 

“I really like the new keyboard because it has a feature to type faster and the way the emojis are set up is really nice,” said sophomore and iPhone 11 owner Eva Grau.

Despite all the new additions included in the iPhone 11, it is less expensive than the iPhone X was when it was released by several hundred dollars. 

“It’s very cost-efficient, so I think it’s worth it to get the new iPhone,” sophomore Jackson Canter said. 

Apple is known for having very good products, so despite the odd look of it, people can’t wait to be able to upgrade their phones and have access to the newest features.

“It’s Apple, so I trust the products, so I hope my parents let me get it,” Fisher said.