Inspiring prom fashion

Leadership students put together yearly prom fashion show

Michelle Cheng

Prom is just around the corner for the upperclassmen of McLean. While many students stress about the perfect formal attire to wear to this momentous occasion, leadership students created and executed a prom attire fashion show to help students explore a variety of dresses and suits.

On April 4, leadership students performed their prom fashion show during each lunch in the cafeteria. To show off the dresses and suits, students themselves took to the runway as models.

“For leadership our class was asked if anybody wanted to participate as models, so me and a few girls signed up for fun,” junior Raya Jabboure said.

The fashion show specifically highlighted dresses from David’s Bridal and suits from Men’s Warehouse, both popular shopping destinations for many types of formal wear. To prepare for the fashion show, students picked out their own outfits at the stores.

“We first went to David’s bridal after school one day, where we picked our dresses together and tried a bunch on,” Jabboure said. “I thought it was a lot of fun because we got to get closer to a lot of people in our class, girls and guys.”

Overall, the prom fashion show was a success and offered a variety of different colors and styles of formal dresses. However, the dresses were not for everyone’s taste.

“I liked the options we had for the dresses, but the only thing is many of them were on the more fancy side, like wedding style,” Jabboure said.