Boys dance team disbanded

Boys dance team is banned from this year’s fall pep rally

The boys dance team preforms at last years pep rally. This year, they are not allowed to preform.

Addie Brown, Features Editor

Students flow into the gym, the loud bass of the music echoes through the room as everyone gets excited for the season’s pep rally. This year, a change has been made to the event—there is no longer a boys dance team.

A staple of the pep rally, the boys dance team consisted of a group of senior boys moving to their choreographed sequence with creative attire.

“Last year I remember the boys dance team being really funny and making pep rallies a blast. They brought so much school spirit without being too inappropriate and I know the students enjoyed watching them,” sophomore Taylor Benedict said.

The boys dance team has been cut from this years pep rally to focus on the dance team.

“The students who are on the dance team work hard to put together an amazing performance for the school and deserve to have their moment to shine without being overshadowed by a group trying to be funny,” Leadership teacher Karen McNamara said.

Students are not happy with the sudden change that has been made to the tradition.

“It makes me sad because I wanted to be on it senior year. It was a great experience for everyone and created a fun and happy environment for people at the pep rally,” sophomore Jake Smith said.

Even without the boys dance team, the pep rally is always a festivity that students look forward to. The students in leadership use every class to brainstorm ways to entertain students at these kind of events.

“The leadership class works hard to come up with fun games and surprising moments at every pep rally. Hopefully the school will enjoy the new events we have planned,” McNamara said.