Therapy dogs return to McLean

Students+at+McLean+relive+some+stress+with+help+from+the+therapy+dogs.+%28Photo+by+Sabrina+Vazquez%29+

Students at McLean relive some stress with help from the therapy dogs. (Photo by Sabrina Vazquez)

Sabrina Vazquez, Photography Editor

On Monday, January 25 therapy dogs made their return to McLean. The dogs were by the rock entrance during lunches and students took advantage of their presence to relieve some stress.

“The dogs temporarily made me forget about the stressors of my class,” junior Brooke Newell said. ” The dogs [gave me] feelings of calm and happiness.”

The dogs are meant to not only brighten the students day, but also help with feelings of stress. The dogs timing is perfect for stress relief due this being the last week of the quarter.

“They are a good source of stress relief in this difficult week,” junior Olivia Gore said.

While the dogs provide a temporary break from the stress of the end of the quarter, Newell believes that the dogs visiting McLean more often would have beneficial effects.

“I think the dogs should visit more often,” Newell said. “It’s a nice break from [the] reality of the workload.”

Juniors Brooke Newell (left) and Olivia Gore (right) enjoy the company of one of the therapy dogs. (Photo by Sabrina Vazquez)