A night to remember

Under the Sea homecoming left students in awe

Jude Sadeq, Reporter

Walking down the hallway surrounded by the vast array of fish,  students were transformed to the setting of the Little Mermaid.  The 2017 Homecoming dance came to life and fit the theme perfectly. With jellyfish hanging from the ceiling and a Beatles yellow submarine it was hard to recognize that we were in the gym.

“This was by far my favorite homecoming, the decorations were above and beyond any year, the leadership class and everyone who put it together really outdid themselves,” senior Abeer Alsadhan said.

There was a great turnout and it was safe to say that the gym was packed with students the whole time.

“I’m so happy homecoming turned out to be such a success, we truly saved the best for last,” senior Spencer Lukehart said.

“Not only were the decorations beautiful, but they were so detailed and it really gave a nice touch since you could tell a lot of time and effort was spent on them,” senior Shiraz Kunzel said.

The music was great and the atmosphere was even better, kids were dancing all night and the DJ transitioned songs in a fun way that didn’t require stopping the music.

“This homecoming set the bar really high for all the other dances to follow,” freshman Nate Legg said.

The dance fit the theme perfectly and was very colorful.

“We were at the dance for the two hours and it was so fun that it felt like five minutes,” freshman Sena Kunzel said.

Junior Delaney West poses next to the colorful coral. (Photo taken by Henry McQuail)