Say goodbye to Mr. Smith

As Mr. Smith closes out his last year and says goodbye to McLean, he promises to visit! We wish him well on his future endeavors.

How long have you been a teacher at McLean?
11 years here at McLean but I taught several places previously and have been teaching for about 34 years.

What is your favorite class to teach?
Biology

What has been your highlight of this school year?
I would say doing everything for the last time since I am retiring at the end of this year.

What is your favorite thing about your students at McLean?
I love when I run into students later in their life and seeing how far they have come, and feeling like I had some small part to play in it.

What is your favorite food?
I really love seafood.

What are you plans for after retirement?
I have a whole bucket list, things to do around my house that I have been meaning to get to. My daughter has been down in texas for three years, so I am excited to go see her. Just getting to do things I have always wanted to do, having some fun, and living life.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
This is a real hard one but probably when doing something in science that does not really work out the way you had planned.

What inspired you to become a teacher?
Both my parents were teachers, but also in college I was into sports med, but professors always said to be well rounded because you never know where you might end up doing and once I left college a teaching job became an option for me and I really took a liking to it.

$45
$1000