New Harry Potter movie excites McLean ‘Potterheads’

It’s been nearly five years since the release of the last Harry Potter movie, which means nearly five years since Harry Potter fans, or Potterheads, have witnessed the end to one of their most beloved series.

“The Harry Potter series was literally my life,” senior Megan Lee said, “I’m still as obsessed with it now as I was back then.”

With the large amount of passionate potterheads here at McLean, it’s no surprise that the news of another Harry Potter movie caused a mass amount of buzz and excitement.

“I still can’t believe [the film] is actually happening. It’s surreal,” sophomore Laura Musikanth said.

The long-awaited film features a wide array of new cast members and is titled Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, named after the book Harry Potter was required to buy when he first enters Hogwarts.

The movie follows the adventures of Newt Scamander, the wizarding world’s leading magizoologist in the 18th century. He spends the majority of his time in the movie in New York City, searching and documenting magical creatures.

The director of this movie, David Yates, also directed the last four movies of the Harry Potter series. Expectations for the movie will inevitably be high given the quality of the past films.

“I’m excited to see how this movies cinematography will compare with the past [films],” Lee said.

The movie is set to release in 2016.