McLean holds second annual McDance-A-Thon

11073349_902073113146621_1426189788608239643_n
Members of the McDance-A-Thon Executive Committee reveal the amount of money raised by the end of the night. (Photo by Nhi Nguyen)

From 4 p.m. to midnight, MHS students took a pledge to stand for eight hours in order to raise money and awareness for the hospital. The event was filled with games, entertainment, patient stories, and of course, dancing.

“The moon bounce was probably my favorite. But overall, I had really fun time,” said junior Johnny Choi, who is McDance-A-Thon vice president.

Several patients, dubbed Miracle Kids, visited and stayed for the duration of the event. Guest appearances also included the Red Rockers cheerleaders and Miss Teen Maryland.

This year’s sponsor, Work Awareness & Transition teacher Jennifer Labbe, felt the event was successful.

“I thought the event was amazing and the decorations were incredible,” Labbe said. “We had three times more students participate this year, and we raised 144% more than we did last year.”

With another great year under their belt, the McDance-A-Thon executive committee will be holding upcoming interviews after school on April 8 for the executive and committee directors for 2016.