Should PE be allowed in the gym?

gym

The school gym is where everyone seems to be in. Whether it is PE or the school basketball team, the majority of the school has found their ways to use the upper gym at McLean High School. Being part of the basketball team, I have a problem with that.

From time to time, I have to practice up in the upper gym and there is nothing good at it. The floor is very dusty and dirty so players are slipping all over the court when they try to turn the corner. PE is a very bad thing to have in the upper gym as kids have dirty shoes and spread the dirt and dust all over the court and not cleaning it, leaving the basketball or volleyball players a literal ice rink.

PE should be outside or there should at least be a carpet outside the gym so that students can wipe off their shoes before entering the gym. Playing basketball up there is almost hazardous as people slip and fall and potentially get hurt. Thankfully there is a mop in the gym so that we can clean some of the dirt off the court before playing. I have personally seen players pull a muscle because they have slipped on the floor and that wasn’t a very good sign that our gym was able to be fully used.

All I’m saying is that we need to keep our gyms clean for the school sports because right now they look like something out a a dump when it comes to the cleanliness of the floor.