McVolleyball suffers a close loss against their rivals

Langley beats McLean Volleyball in three very close sets

Sophomore Ella Park sets the ball over to the other side of the court.  McLean is putting up a fight against the Langley team. (Photo by Maya Amman)

Sophomore Ella Park sets the ball over to the other side of the court. McLean is putting up a fight against the Langley team. (Photo by Maya Amman)

Sophomore Ella Park sets the ball over to the other side of the court. McLean is putting up a fight against the Langley team

McLean volleyball had their game against Langley on Thursday, Sept. 19.  Although it was a close call during each set, Langley prevailed. Although McLean lost, It was a great game.

“We all played our best. Even if we didn’t win, we had a very nice game,” said sophomore Nicole Mallus, outside hitter

for the varsity team. It was a game to remember. 

The crowd was constantly on their feet cheering and eager to see what happens next. People came spirited and ready, all dressed in black, as it was a blackout. The game’s intensity had people excited to see the outcome of the game.

“I love watching the volleyball games because they are so much fun and extremely intense. I love seeing my best friend Mia Valencic play so well, she is amazing. I recommend everyone go watch them,” senior Alex Weinstein said. 

Despite the loss of the Highlanders, it was a game to remember.

“I believe the Langley team is our equal match, and I look forward to beating them on their own turf,” Mallus said.

The crowd gets anxious as the game comes to a close end. it was a good game, but better luck next time for the Highlanders. (Photo by Maya Amman)