Girls lacrosse gives their all at districts

via @McLeanathletics Twitter

Girls’ varsity players after their first win of the season. They won 19-2 against Wakefield on March 18.

Thara Tha, Reporter

After a close game against Yorktown Tuesday night, McLean lost 10-14.

“I’m proud of us, we scored a lot. Around the second half Yorktown started catching up and eventually they beat us, but we fought hard,” said junior and varsity player Elise Nolan.

The lacrosse season is finally ending, as athletes have just finished playing in district regionals.

“Overall, this season has been one of building skills and improving our communication as a team,” sophomore and varsity athlete Lianne Garrahan said.

Throughout the lacrosse season, the girls have gotten the chance to get to know each other better, building friendships while also being able to enjoy the sport.

“Our main strengths as a team that we’ve improved on over this season are probably being able to communicate with one another, giving constructive criticism and keeping up a positive team spirit,” junior and varsity player Rose Maestri said.

“Those qualities definitely showed through at districts, and although we lost it really was representative of how we’ve improved this season,” Nolan said.

Although the girls lost the game, they still got to celebrate having scored the most goals of the whole season on Tuesday night, winning 10 points against Yorktown.

‘When we scored the first few goals, we got super hyped up and confident about winning,” Maestri said. “Yorktown put up a good fight though, and although they beat us by four points in the end we still kept up that same optimism throughout the whole game.”

After a positive and progressive season, players are looking forward to getting together to commemorate the memories and games they’ve shared at their upcoming banquet.