Boys Basketball falls to Madison

McLean lost in a close 36-35 affair on Tuesday night

Rohan Mani

Foward Aaron Hale shoots a free throw against Madison, Tuesday Dec. 18th

Rohan Mani, Online Sports Editor

The McLean Highlanders boys varsity basketball team fell to James Madison High School in a close 36-25 loss on Tuesday, Dec.18th. The loss came against a red-hot McLean team who entered the matchup on a four-game winning streak.

Throughout the low-scoring game, there were periods where both teams struggled to put up points due to the aggressive defensive play of their opponents. 

Nevertheless, the match was an exciting bout throughout, with the score being tied up at the half at 22 apiece. McLean made a stellar comeback down 31-23 in the fourth quarter in a valiant effort to tie up the game. However, at the last second Madison was able to pull away in a tight win.

“If we continue to play like we did the part of the game, we will be fine,” guard Evan Bremser said. 

The team now aims to move forward and go on a winning stretch to close the season.

“We put the loss behind us and we are going to practice every day and get ready for the next one, ” Bremser said. 

Fellow guard Mason Davis echoed similar sentiments that the team has moved on and is ready for their next opponent. 

“I think we are going to work hard every single day in practice, really come together as a team and will definitely bring it on Friday against Mount Vernon, ” Davis said. 

McLean still maintains a winning record, however, with the loss-making their record a solid 4 wins to three losses.  Their next game takes place Friday, Dec. 21st away versus Mount Vernon High School.