Students anticipate Call of Duty Black Ops 4

New year brings new Call of Duty

Brandon Sauter, Reporter

On Oct. 12 the long awaited fourth series of the Call of Duty (COD) franchise dropped. The beloved Black Ops series has been loved since it was first released in 2010. Call of Duty has received flak in the past but this year players worldwide welcome the game with open arms due to its fun multiplayer, beautiful zombies mode and new battle royale.

“It’s a dope game for sure, a real classic of the game industry,” sophomore and loyal COD supporter Teddy Maness said.

Like Maness many players are extremely hyped when playing the new battle royale mode called Blackout.

I found the multiplayer to be fun and gave me new challenges every game I played, as I unlocked new weapons more options in game play presented itself.

Like the popular game Fortnite, Black Ops 4 has a fun and immersive military style battle royale mode where 100 players drop and fight until the last player is alive. Along with Blackout the multiplayer is said to be great and smooth with long lasting fun resembling many Call of Duty games before it.

“The specialists are cool Treyarch did a great job with them this year,” sophomore Matt Daniel said.

In the past Black Ops, Black Ops 3, Treyarch and Activision who develop the game introduced specialists. Specialists are characters that are played in game that contain abilities specific to each player.

Zombies is a fan favorite Call of Duty game mode and this year it kept true to its roots. It contains guns from multiplayer and past games and an Easter egg that is done by solving many tasks.

Fans are calling this the savior of Call of Duty and believe the game will become more popular than Fortnite.

“I gave up Fortnite to play more COD,” junior Alex Bahmenyar said.

After 25 hours of game time I give this game an A- because it has a slight repetitiveness after playing for hours on end.

Rating A-