Adopt a Mission: the club with volunteering opportunities

Club is fun for both the members and people affected by it

Michelle Martinkov, Reporter

Adopt a Mission not only helps people in need of a helping hand but also helps members of the club. They set up volunteering opportunities for club members.

“The club organizes volunteer work for McLean students, establishes global and local associations, organizes individual/group work and help charities,” said junior Tiffany Jung, president of Adopt a Mission.

Eighty students have already signed up to be a part of the club, and anyone is still welcome to join. The next upcoming event is a charity fundraiser happening at a local IHOP. More information about this event can be found in club sponsor Erin Truesdell’s classroom.

“Currently the club is inactive because it just got established this year and the Co presidents need to prepare for the debut,” said junior Lauren Lee, president of Adopt a Mission.

A benefit of the club is students can choose which events to attend to fit their schedule. 

“The club has a variety of activities you can do depending on your preferences,” Jung said.

Some activities include fundraising, office work and working at elder community homes. It’s a lot of fun for its members.

”Members get to make new friends, help people in need, get volunteer hours and help build a better community,” said Junior Rachel Sung, another president of the club.