Course schedules released for 2018-2019 school year

After months of waiting students now can find out their red and silver day schedules

Students log into SIS often to check for important information

As of August 23d, 2018 SISstudent.fcps.edu has made the schedules of FCPS county’s students available to them. The minds of dozens of students are-as of the release of this information-on messaging their friends, comparing schedules, and looking up their future teachers online.

The regular Mclean schedule is a split-day schedule where students spend one day in half of their classes, and the next day in the other half. The exception is that every day there’s a shorter 3d period that they must attend consistently.

A Red Day consists of students going to periods 1, Highlander Time, 3, 5, and 7.

A Silver Day consists of periods 2, Highlander Time, 3, 4, 6.

Highlander Time is a daily half-hour period during which students go to a specific period every day, starting with period 1, and going through period 7. There is a Highlander Time called HT 8 the day after HT 7 during which students are allowed to go to any of their classes for that allotted time slot.

For more detailed information on bell schedules students can visit the McLean Website.

On the 23d of August there is an Open House during which students are able to come and learn about how the school functions from experienced students.

The official first day the 2018 school year starts on is Tuesday, August 28th and it’s a Red Day.